Wednesday 3 June 2009

Knitting machine... Pattern cutting...



So i had a go with the knitting machine the other day, and its quite hard to get the hang of, once you get the jist of setting it up, you then have to get used to it not picking up stitches sometimes... its also best to keep going with it rather than stopping and starting...
Hugo was a great help he demonstrated how to set it up, change a needle if need be, how to use the different blocks to create different patterns etc. Then he gave us a demonstration... The only problem is that the machine favors normal wool, and not multiple loose strand wool which was what u was using : ( also the knitting was too manufactured looking and too tight for the effect i was after! I can see it being very useful in other projects thought if i was to use knitting again. It can also create great finishing effects. So this time ive opted to hand knit my panel down the front of then dress.
I have also managed to flat pattern cut all of my garment and above pictures show how its turned out... Ive started playing with layering and lace to get my final material to be in keeping with the theme of my garment. The front panel down the front will be knitted and i will use bias binding to finish off the sleeves. Im really looking 4ward to making the final garment. I hope it works out well!

No comments: