Wednesday 3 June 2009

2nd Week with 3rd Year

Charlotte sent me into town with a list of zips and buttons and accessories she wanted me to find for her. This gave me an insight into what it might be like to be a designers apprentice or a designers helper. Charlotte seemed pleased i had found her 6 black headbands for her accessories to place a giant bow on top of.
When i got back from town i then had the task of making 4 giant floral bows. It was quite difficult trying to share the machines as a lot had been broken from such excessive use and i could see how frustrating this would be for the 3rd years with only 2 technicians to share between them all. I also felt sorry for hugo and lynn. I also came to understand why it is so important to become familiar with the machines for 2nd and 3rd year. Its a great experience of how a workshop mite work in the trade. I finished the 4 bows for charlotte and aswell as helping charlotte i think it helped me become more familiar of the machines and less scared of them. Charlotte was pleased with her idea and glad it had worked the way she had planned. It made me think i can wait to put my skills together from 1st year and 2nd year to make a final collection i know it will be stressful and sleepless but still very exciting! I am also still unsure of which pathway to choose, it also made me wonder had the tutors placed us with someone similar to which pathway they think we should take?  My 3rd year also asked me to go along and watch her styled photoshoot which should be good to see...

No comments: