Sunday 9 May 2010

Applied fashion research





through my research for applied fashion design i have looked to future trends for AW 10/11 and there is a strong influence from victorian times, be it fashion, decor, fabrics or wallpaper. I have keyed in on wallpaper as influence for my garment flats for the trend book. I also went to temple newsam which currently had a wallpaper exhibition on and the decor inside this place was amazing! all the furniture was really influencical and the colours of the decor were amazing too. I have used these images in my research too. Another source of colour influence came from the group of painters the glasgow boys especially Charles Anastase's work.
I feel this project is going pretty well so far, i am managing to keep on track with work and the research seems to be successful hopefully this will feed into my trend book.

No comments: